Modern medicine has made incredible strides in the treatment and prevention of disease, and people are living longer lives now than ever before. Despite this, heart disease remains the number one cause of death in the United States today, claiming more lives than all types of cancer combined. Many factors that have been linked to a increased risk of heart disease are unavoidable, including age, genetics and sex. However, the good news is that there are several smart steps you can take to reduce your chances of developing heart disease.
It's never too late to adopt a healthy lifestyle and minimize your chances of developing heart disease. Instead of risking the chance of needing expensive procedures or medications with undesired side effects in the future, take these steps now to protect your health naturally.
1. Stop smoking. People who smoke have a much greater risk of developing heart disease. Nicotine constricts blood vessels, making the heart work harder and increasing blood pressure. Since it only takes one year for the risk of heart disease to drop, it really pays to stop smoking.
2. Start exercising. Exercising for 30 minutes several days per week dramatically reduces the risk of heart disease. The 30 minutes can be broken into several shorter intervals. For instance, 10-minute periods of walking the dog, gardening and climbing the stairs could make up your exercise for a day.
3. Protect the heart with proper nutrition. Eat a diet low in trans fats and salt and high in healthy proteins and fats. Include foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids such as salmon and flax seeds.
4. Maintain a healthy body weight. Studies have shown that those who are overweight have an increased risk of heart disease, even if they have no other risk factors.
Most people are aware that omega-3 fatty acids provide powerful protection against heart disease, as well as giving a boost to overall health. Vitamin D has long been used to prevent health conditions such as rickets, but scientific research is now showing a link between vitamin D and cancer prevention, immune system disorders and mood disorders, as well as the prevention of heart disease.
Marine-D3 is a uniquely effective supplement that combines rich natural sources of these ingredients to provide serious protection against heart disease. Developed in Seattle, WA by Dr. Haengwoo Lee, a leading biochemist, Marine-D3 relies on powerful natural nutrients derived from sources found in the sea. The first ingredient, Seanol, is an extract derived from a rare type of seaweed called ecklonia cava. Seanol contains powerful antioxidants which combat free radicals and work to keep arteries healthy. The antioxidants in Seanol have been proven to be 100 times more powerful than those derived from land-based sources. Calamarine, the other powerful deep-sea ingredient found in Marine-D3, is a concentrated source of omega-3 fatty acids. It contains up to 85% more DHA than a comparable fish oil supplement. The combination of these two potent ingredients make Marine D-3 an unbeatable choice for protection against heart disease as well as other age-related conditions such as joint problems, poor vision and fatigue. Because this company is confident that you'll be thrilled with the results of Marine D-3, it comes with a 60 day satisfaction guarantee. Marine D-3 maintains only the highest quality and safety standards.
Click here to learn more about this product.
1. Miller NH, Smith PM, DeBusk RF, Sobel DS, Taylor CB. Smoking cessation in hospitalized patients: results of a randomized trial. Arch Intern Med 1997;157:409-415.
2. Pate RR, Pratt MP, Blair SN, et al. Physical activity and public health: a recommendation from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the American College of Sports Medicine. JAMA,. 1995; 273: 402–407.